What is a dental implant?
It is placed into the jaw bone, it takes anywhere from 2 – 6 months for it to osseointegrate (fuse to your jaw bone).
– can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth;
– can also serve as anchors for dentures;
– feel and function like natural teeth;
– stimulates the jaw bone and maintains its integrity (When a tooth is lost without an implant there is no stimulation to the jaw bone, hence the jaw bone resorbs or melts away).
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
If you have lost or are missing one to several teeth, generally speaking “yes”.
There are health conditions that can affect whether dental implants are right for you. For example the following conditions or diseases may affect whether a dental implants will fuse to your jaw bone (osseointegrate) or not (fail):
– uncontrolled diabetes;
– radiation to the jaws in treatment of cancer;
– uncontrolled periodontal (gum) disease.
We serve Waukesha County: Pewaukee, Waukesha, Brookfield, Delafield, Hartland and Oconomowoc.